Living in today’s on-demand world makes it hard to even Nike Air Max 90 Mujer Blancas understand the need for patience. Whatever we want, we can get – likely in the clicks of a few buttons.

When it comes to running, it doesn’t work that way. I’ve definitely learned throughout the years that running requires a certain level of patience – one that we don’t have to practice or experience in our everyday lives thanks to technology.

The first Nike Air Max 95 Womens time I got seriously injured, I ended up with some terrible shin splints. I didn’t have the patience to let my body heal itself so I Adidas Superstar Dames Roze did the worst thing any runner could do – I kept running.

I remember when it first happened; I had rocked a 17-mile run and midway through, started to feel that twinge of pain in my shin. Maybe if I ignore it, it will go away.

Nope, it stuck around. I tried to hurry up recovery – icing as much as I could, suddenly doing every stretch I could find in the Nike Air Max Command Womens book to heal my injury. I would give myself a break for a few days and was too impatient to truly give my body a chance to heal – and oh, Nike Air Max Thea Mujer did I pay for it! Instead of being out for a few weeks, I was out for months – and the pain was so intense that I couldn’t even sit without feeling my shins throb.

I learned perhaps the biggest lesson of my running career – that patience is core to the art of running. If I had allowed my body to heal, I would have returned to running much faster. I Nike Air Max 90 Donne could have run the marathon I had on my scheduled, instead of the dreaded three letters: DNF.

As hard as it is to be patient, it’s even harder to be an impatient runner. Everything takes time – from going for a long run (can’t really speed that up, your pace is your pace) to training for your first race; nothing can happen overnight.

You can try to take Nike Air Max Classic BW Femme short cuts, but I’ve learned that those short cuts are short-lived and will likely catch up with you over time. And the same can be said Nike Air Max Zero Dames about life.

Whenever impatience wins out, it always feels good – after all, you can get what you want now. Check that off the list and move on to the next thing… until the short cut catches up to you, because it always does. And in the end, you end up spending twice as much time to make it right.