FLASH: 5.6 MAGNITUDE EARTHQUAKE DETECTED IN DPRK: YONHAP

Xiamen gears up for 9th BRICS Summit

Bright BRICS new balance 580 donne , bright future!

Tujia Valentine's Day marked in C China's Hubei

Guangdong wins gold medal during men's team foil final

Enchanting Xiamen ahead of 9th BRICS Summit

Rice in NE China enters harvest season

Salt fields enter into harvest season in China's Liaoning

Schools in China open recently after summer vacation

MADRID, Sept. 2 (Xinhua) -- The Spanish national football team took a huge step towards qualifying directly for next summer's World Cup finals when they defeated their main rivals Italy 3-0 in the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium on Saturday night.

The Spanish kicked off without a specialized central striker in their side new balance 580 uomo , but gained in possession of the ball and opened the scoring in the 12th minute when Isco, playing in his home ground new balance 574 donne , scored a free kick, curling the ball over the Italian defensive wall following a foul on Marco Asensio.

The Italians had opted for a brave new balance 574 bambino , 4-2-4 formation, but that merely allowed Spain to dominate possession and Isco doubled his tally for the night with a left foot shot five minutes before half time.

Spain coach Julen Lopetegui replaced Andres Iniesta with Alvaro Morata with just under 20 minutes remaining and Morata needed less than five minutes before he made it 3-0 to round off a night that leaves the Spanish three points clear of their qualifying group and with one foot on the plane to Russia.

The only disappointment for Spain were the boos directed at defender Gerard Pique during the first half of the game despite appeals for supporters in Madrid no to insult the Barcelona defender.

Xiamen gears up for 9th BRICS Summit

Bright BRICS new balance 574 uomo , bright future!

Tujia Valentine's Day marked in C China's Hubei

Guangdong wins gold medal during men's team foil final

China's Discovery ROV collects samples in western Pacific Ocean

World Robot Conference attracts visitors in Beijing

At least 2 died, 8 injured in knife attack in Turku new balance 574 offerta , Finland

13 killed, over 100 others injured in Barcelona attack: official

NAIROBI, Sept. 20 (Xinhua) -- Kenya's Ishhimael Chemtan said Tuesday he will go out at full throttle to win the Toronto marathon on Oct. 16 to prove his critics he deserved the narrow win in last year's event.

But the winner has not forgotten it was less than a second that separated him from Gilbert Kirwa earning victory in 2:09:00. The two will face each other again next month.

"I remember it was very cold during the 2015 race," said Chemtan after his training in Iten. "My shape and preparation is better than last year. My best time is 2:08:20 and I believe I will be able to run better this year. I am looking to run under 2:08."

Clearly, he has the ability to run much faster, having beaten athletes with superior personal best times over the years. Kirwa, for instance, has run 2:06:14. In April this year, Chemtan finished second at the Milan Marathon, setting that 2:08:20 personal best.

Both Chemtan and Kirwa have been preparing to do battle on the streets of Canada's largest city with the latter eager to turn the tables after coming so close a year ago. Losing in a sprint was more than just a matter of pride.

"This year I am prepared well and I hope for a good performance," said Kirwa. "I also see this year that there is a strong field in Toronto. If we can work together, with my competitors, I am convinced that we can run faster than last year. More so if the weather will be good and favourable then it will contribute to faster times."

"My expectation is to run good and go for the course record in Toronto [2:07:05]. Training is going well and I tested myself in the Tilburg 10miles race in the Netherlands. I am in the right shape for Toronto."

Kirwa finished fourth in Tilburg with a time of 45:40 and that is certainly an indication he is ready to duel with his compatriot again. The prize purse is a great attraction as he looks after his four brothers and three sisters.

As the Toronto race approaches, he will focus even more on getting as much rest as possible between training sessions. The course record would be a handsome reward for Kirwa and his rivals.

There is a 35,000-US-dollar course record bonus that escalates to 50,000 dollars if the time is faster than 2:06:00.

The existing record of 2:07:05 has been held by Ethiopia's Deressa Chimsa since 2013. It has withstood the challenge of some excellent distance runners since then. Enditem

by Xinhua writers Zhou Xiaozheng, Wang Fan, Shi Xiaomeng

UNITED NATIONS, April 22 (Xinhua) -- China signed the Paris Agreement on climate change here on Friday, giving a strong push to the international efforts against global warming.

Around 11:16 a.m. local time (1516 GMT), Chinese Vice Premier Zhang Gaoli, the special envoy of Chinese President Xi Jinping, ascended the podium in the UN General Assembly Hall to sign the thick and weighty document.

"The Chinese people honor our commitments. We will work hard to earnestly implement the Paris Agreement," said Zhang while addressing the signing ceremony earlier.

A total of 175 countries inked the agreement on the first day of its opening for signature, a new record in the United Nations' 70-year history. China was the 21st to sign, while the whole signing process lasted some 2.5 hours.

"Today you are signing a new covenant with the future," UN Secretary-general Ban Ki-moon told the world leaders and government representatives present. The UN has picked the April 22 Earth Day for the event to highlight its significance.

On Dec. 12, 2015, after nearly two weeks of hard bargaining, climate negotiators of 196 parties to the UN conferenc.