Summary Review Of Catholicism And Fundamentalism Summary Review Of Catholicism And Fundamentalism July 21 Cheap NFL Jerseys China , 2015 | Author: Stella Gay | Posted in Education
The attacks on Catholic faith and her doctrines over the years have inspired Keating Karl to make an attempt at explaining the major points of contention. Catholicism and Fundamentalism is a book targeted at Catholics, Protestants and non-Christians who wish to understand the Catholic faith better. It takes a historical, theological and doctrinal perspective.

The approach adopted by this author has seen many weak Catholic faithful affirm their belief. It also has caused Protestants to convert into staunch Catholics because they understand the faith better. It is considered and easy-to-read book with revelations that were previously hidden from the non-Catholics. The author is also the founder of Catholic Answers, an organization dedicated to providing answers about Catholic faith and doctrines.

Major issues addressed in different chapters by this author include information sources that have made Protestants to misunderstand Catholic faith. Karl concludes that failure to get information from the right sources leads to erroneous conclusions. This has driven a wedge between the two groups of Christians.

Karl is bothered about the existence of an elaborate anti-Catholicism movement in USA and delves deeper to understand it. The chapters provide a history and foundations of the movement as well as their events. There is an outline of how such organizations and personalities have colluded to spread falsehood and thus divide Christians more and more.

The author has delved into the process of engaging in arguments to assist Catholics and parties interested in debate to argue without loosing their cool. The writer insists that the best approach is to give facts for education or enlightenment purposes instead of conversion. The person is likely to convert or understand Roman Catholic doctrines easier through facts as opposed to skewed arguments.

The Anti-Catholic movement and its spread in USA have been given prominence by Keating. These underground movements have been funding smear campaigns and propaganda against the Catholic Church. Keating reveals their missions, history and activities as well as personalities behind them. There are business men, politicians and ideological figures responsible. Their events and physical address eliminate any doubt about their existence.

Papal infallibility remains a doctrinal principle and subject of attack by non-Catholics. The principle implies that since Papacy was handed down by Jesus to Peter and to the eventual holders of the office, the Pope gained immunity to error. This gives him authority to direct doctrinal and moral issues to the global community of Catholics without question.

Other issues addressed by Keating in this book include the meaning of a bible Christian. There is a chapter on the changes that have occurred in the Catholic Church over the years and their implications. Karl further explains the misconception that Catholics are not real Christians. The issue of the Inquisition is comprehensively addressed as well.

The Catholic Church witnessed a period when there were two popes. With the Papacy being a defining institution in the Roman Catholic tradition, Keating felt it necessary to address the issue. The detailed and objective way of handling the controversies surrounding the Roman Catholic faith makes the book a Must-Have for non-Catholics and Catholics interested in understanding their faith.

Read more about Summarized Review Of Catholicism And Fundamentalism.

锘? Standing in the gale-force winds Cheap Jerseys From China , the kid was looking queasy. We could all see the storm was growing more intense. The rain had already plastered his hair to his forehead and his new black suit was starting to cling to him in ways Mr. Armani never intended. A typhoon was coming -- the seventh this summer to hit Japan -- and the kid's job, as newest employee, was to stand in front of a TV camera while the weather buffeted him about for the nation to watch. Sort of a talking weather vane. I take my exercise along that stretch of beach every day, and today one of the most powerful typhoons on record would soon be upon us. I knew I couldn't stay too long, or I'd be caught in the wind and the torrential downpour. I'd make my walk extra-brief this day. But the television crew had a different assignment. They, and many other crews like them, are dispatched in satellite equipped trucks to many well-known sites all over Japan. These crews provide live reports on the progress of the storms as they rip their way up the Japanese archipelago. And the kid in the black suit was their sacrificial lamb today. It was his job to get out there, once the storm reached its peak Cheap NFL Jerseys , and do a show and tell. That's what the people huddled at home want to see, and sponsors will pay well to bring them exactly what they expect. If you've watched a lot of news over the years, you'll know that the greater the devastation, the higher the viewer ratings. That's the way it works -- more destruction means more interest. In fact, you may recall that Dan Rather got his big break into national news by doing exactly what this kid was doing -- standing stubbornly in a raging hurricane and giving moment-by-moment reports to the viewers at home. The networks find it's profitable programming to report on all the destruction, disruption and deaths. But before we get off on an "Ain't-It-Awful" tangent, let me say right here that this scene I've just described carries one of the richest lessons you'll ever gain. Typhoons and hurricanes cause huge disruptions. Your humanitarian heart empathizes with those caught up in the tragedies; aches for them; wants to reach out with succor and aid. And I do applaud that urge to give comf.