Senator Urges Indians To Change Name Mascot - RealGM Wiretap
Ohio senator Eric Kearney Jacoby Brissett Patriots Jersey , a Democrat from Cincinnati, is urging the Cleveland Indians to change both their name and mascot.

Kearney introduced a resolution Wednesday that would encourage the baseball team to adopt a new name and mascot, citing racial insensitivity. He also sent a letter to Indians owner Larry Dolan calling for change.

American Indians and others have protested the use of the logo for years at the team's annual home opener, complaining that the mascot mocks them and their heritage.

Extension Talks Between Indians Kipnis Have Ended - RealGM Wiretap

Negotiations between the Cleveland Indians and second baseman Jason Kipnis on a contract extension have ceased.

"Once the regular season started, the negotiations stopped," Kipnis said. "We didn't want the distraction during the season. I think they felt the same way."

Kipnis is in his second full season in the big leagues. He'll make $509,400 this year.

Asked if he'd like to continue the negotiations at the end of the 2013 season Authentic Geneo Grissom Jersey , Kipnis said, "Of course."

Kipnis probably won't be eligible for salary arbitration until after the 2014 season.

Bourn Seeks More Than $75M Over Five Years - RealGM Wiretap

There are a number of outfielders on the free agent market and B.J. Upton and Michael Bourn have at times been lumped together in pursuit of a contract worth around $75 million over five years.

That number may be likely for Upton, but Bourn is represented by Scott Boras and is chasing an even more lucrative contract.

This year at the box office has been a bit of a drag so far, with not too many films doing overly well. To really stir up the interest of movie goers, an American superhero is needed to come in and save the day. That is likely to come true with the release of \G.I. Joe: Retaliation\ on Mar. 28, 2013. The film is a sequel to the 2009 hit \G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.\ Because moviegoers have had to wait for quite some time to see the G.I. Joe Team hit the big screen. This four year wait could well be worth it though, with many movie critics predicting that the sequel will be greatly received by movie audiences. Listed below are five interesting facts about \G.I. Joe: Retaliation.\

Delayed Release Date

Originally \G.I. Joe: Retaliation\ was set to be released during the summer of 2012. However Authentic Jordan Richards Jersey , the release date was pushed back to March 2013 because Paramount Studios wanted to release it in 3D. The reason why this change to 3D was so critical is because it would allow the film to reach a wider global audience. Many past movies released in 3D have achieved great success worldwide, so the reasoning behind the film studio\s decision to postpone the release date was to expand the film\s reach. Although that was the official reason for the delay, some industry experts wonder if the time of year had more to do with it. \The Hunger Games\ had a successful run in March 2012, so the thinking is that Paramount Studios was looking to replicate that success during the month of March. The delay proved problematic for many reasons. Money had already been spent on advertising during the 2012 Super Bowl. Also, toy action figures of the main characters of the film were ready to be released to stores.

New Film Director

Stephen Sommers had directed \G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra\ and received many plaudits for his work on the film. Once an announcement was made about a sequel, many film commentators expected Sommers to also direct the follow-up. However, Paramount Pictures decided to give Jon Chu the main directing role. Chu has had some success with directing before Authentic Malcom Brown Jersey , with films such as \Step Up 2,\ \Step Up 3D,\ and \Justin Bieber: Never Say Never.\ Chu has mostly worked on films of the dance genre, so it was a little surprising to see him handed a directing role for a feature action film. Although Chu has limited experience with action films, he promises to add some new dimensions to the franchise. Chu wants to direct this film much differently from the original by killing off some original characters and adding some new ones to the mix.

Very Few Visual Effects

Most high level action movies need to use a lot of visual effects because of the complex scenes involved. \G.I. Joe: Retaliation\ is more of an old-school film that requires stuntmen to perform full-on action sequences. During production, stuntmen would perform a series of maneuvers while being attached to wires. In post-production, these wires have been removed Authentic Cameron Fleming Jersey , giving the effect that the film character is actually performing the stunts themselves. There is one scene that does use many special effects, but this was only done because of the danger involved. Action sequences look much better on the big screen if they are acted out in person rather than through visual effects. There is more of a real-life feeling when watching the film that makes it seem believable.

Bruce Willis Plays the Original G.I. Joe

The original G.I. Joe only featured sporadically during the first film, but the character is central to the plot for \G.I. Joe: Retaliation.\ Director Jon Chu knew that the actor to play this character needed to be a star name in Hollywood, and he managed to rope in Bruce Willis to play the role. Willis in an actor in hot demand, so to get him to play the role only adds to a cast already filled with star power.

NASA Facility Used for Production

Production was conducted primarily in New Orleans partially for tax reasons but also because a NASA facility was located there. This production base was necessary because parts had to be built to construct a space shuttle, and what better way to do it than at a NASA facility. This location was also quite handy because existing structures were available to film for many sequences. This was the first time that a film crew had been allowed t.