He’s quick to say that what he’s found– his love of running– isn’t unique to him. His path and how he got there definitely is, but understanding and experiencing the run is for anyone. He says this with some conviction.

“If your goal is to make an Olympic team, that’s a big deal. But if you want to go run a 5K in under 25 minutes, no one can tell you that’s less important to you,” says Dorian. “If you want to go and lose five pounds while running, then that’s your Olympics. Everyone wants to be the best they can be, and with running, you can do that on any level.”

And that’s one of the things Dorian loves most about running, and believes others do,Nike Air Max 1 Dames  too. The feelings you get Nike Air Max 1 Homme Bleu from it. Personal achievement Nike Air Max 1 Homme Grise is a big one for him. He’ll tell Nike Roshe Run Dames you that, as will the people who grew up with him and the people in his life today. The camaraderie, the fun, the travel… those are things he won’t deny, but what running makes him feel is unquestionably the most important thing.

It’s important to Dorian because it’s his. As much as achievement is different from runner to runner, the meaning running holds for each person is just as unique. It’s what makes it complicated and human, sacred, personal yet universally understood.

“I just remember that weightlessness, that first time I found my thing. It wasn’t someone else’s, it wasn’t something someone told me I’d be good at. I found it, it was my niche,” he says, looking back on his first time running. “As a kid in the sixth grade, you’ve been told what we Nike Air Max 95 Womens do and this is why you do Nike Roshe Run Damen it. That was the first time Nike Air Max 90 DámskéI found something I did, I just Nike Air Max 90 Womens Pink understood it naturally.”

And the best part? Everyone can celebrate their own achievements and understand the truth and joy of running.