A LOOK INSIDE NIKE'S SPORT RESEARCH LAB (2)

What is the process of working with athletes?

Nike's sport research lab is a destination for athletes when they visit Nike’s Oregon campus nike air max thea. We might solve a problem they have or help with a performance issue, but the really cool thing is making them part of the process. They contribute performance insights through testing and data, and provide verbal feedback that actually drives our product forward. Generally, what we learn from working with elite athletes, can be used to make better product for everybody. In cases where considerations for elite athlete don’t apply to everyday athlete,nike air max 90 we make sure that we are also working with athletes of all skills and abilities.

What do you typically hear from athletes?

If you look at how sport has evolved over the last 30 to 40 years, athletes are getting stronger and faster — there's no question. But the three basic things athletes ask haven’t changed in decades: make me better, protect me and inform me.

How far in advance are you working on product?

We can work on anything from 18 months in advance to decades out. Often, we’re doing research and collecting data that informs a specific technology or a wide range of products, not just a single shoe or nike air max garment.