CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Al Jefferson thinks hes finally figured out the NBA game. "Hey, its taken me eight years to realize that if I pass the ball outside and guys hit open shots, it helps free me up," Jefferson. "I guess better late than never." Jefferson, the focal point of Utahs offence, had 31 points and nine rebounds as the Jazz defeated the Charlotte Bobcats 99-93 on Wednesday night. The Jazz controlled the paint -- outscoring the Bobcats 54-36 and outrebounding them 43-34. Jefferson was 11 of 19 from the field and hit all but one of his 10 foul shots in a dominating performance inside. Paul Millsap scored 16 points while Derrick Favors added 14 points for the Jazz, who won their second straight on the road. The victory helped pull the Jazz back to .500 at 19-19. "Al was doing a good job of passing the ball tonight," Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin said. "We need to touch that thing inside before we take our jump shots. Thats who we are. We go through him and need him to make the right plays. ... We know if they come and double him we want to make sure we space the floor and make the right plays." Leading by four at halftime, the Jazz began pounding away at the Bobcats, taking advantage of Jeffersons experience against Charlottes rookie centre Bismack Biyombo. Jefferson seemed to toy with Biyombo at times, palming the ball with one hand before making almost uncontestable moves in the low post. He continually got Biyombo to go after ball fakes and eventually the rookie fouled out. "He times his shot to where I dont know when hes shooting," Biyombo said. "You have to play smarter and learn not to get in foul trouble. It still happens sometimes. But you have to learn from it." As the Bobcats made adjustments and began rolling help to Biyombos side, Jefferson simply dished outside to teammates like Raja Bell, who knocked down a pair of jumpers to give the Jazz a 65-50 advantage in the third quarter. Jefferson led the Jazz with five assists. Biyombo, who blocked seven shots and held Dwight Howard to 15 points Tuesday night in Charlottes 100-84 win over the Orlando Magic, was visibly upset with his inability to defend Jefferson. On a few occasions he slapped his hands together in disgust as he headed down court after giving up easy baskets. "Hes a young talent and hes raw," Jefferson said of Biyombo. "Hes going to get better. Hes 19 years old. Hes got a long way to go. But I can guarantee you the next time I play him it wont be as easy. If hes like me, he holds grudges and hell remember." Corey Maggette scored 25 points to lead the Bobcats, who failed in their quest to win back-to-back games for the first time this season. Its the third straight 20-point game for Maggette, whos averaging 19.7 points per game over the last 10 games. Kemba Walker had 19 points and Byron Mullens added 16 for Charlotte. The Bobcats trailed 80-64 entering the fourth quarter, but never really challenged for the lead despite getting within six points at the end. What might have been the biggest news for the Bobcats is who didnt play. The Bobcats didnt activate Boris Diaw, while Tyrus Thomas, Gana Diop and Matt Carroll did not play. Those four players take up a combined $27.1 million under this years salary cap. Instead, Silas played his younger players as the team continues to look toward the future. Its the first time all four have sat out. "Nobody said anything to me about how much a guy should play or when he should play or whenever," Bobcats coach Paul Silas said. "Thats on me. Im just trying to play guys that are out there trying to get it done. The one thing I learned tonight -- and this is kind of a new team -- is weve got to have the energy level up and play defence. We cant sit back and let their offence go." After the game Thomas was asked what this means for his future. He has three years left on his deal worth $26 million. "Im the first guy in every morning and still working and bettering myself," said an upbeat Thomas. "Im not troubled by any of this. Ive started for playoff teams and not started on bad teams. Its the business." Notes: This was the first time Jazz assistant coach Sydney Lowe coached in the state since being fired as North Carolina States head coach. ... Mullens, the Bobcats 7-foot backup centre whos not especially known for his defence, had a career-high five blocks. ... This was the third 30-point game this season for Jefferson. .. Over the last three games, Maggette is shooting 92 per cent (38 of 41) from the free-throw line. Khiry Robinson Shirts . China defeated Myanmar 3-0 while South Korea blanked Thailand 4-0 at the AFC Womens Asian Cup to secure top-two finishes in the Group B standings. Three more Asian countries will book their World Cup tickets by Wednesday. Elite Mark Ingram Youth White Jersey . -- Jermaine Marshall scored eight of his 29 points in the second overtime and Jordan Bachynski blocked T. http://www.saintsstore.us.com/22-nike-elit...hion-black.html .J. -- The New York Giants are not only back in the playoff hunt with a four-game winning streak, theyre calling the plays that get them those wins. Rafael Bush Shirts . -- Oakland Raiders running back Maurice Jones-Drew is being sued in Florida, accused of punching a bouncer at a St. Kenny Stills Jersey . Cassano has been at the Policlinico facility since Saturday, when he was taken for tests after suffering what the club described as a brain problem on the team plane following the teams 3-2 victory over Roma.HEFLIN, Ala. -- A county sheriffs office says Buffalo Bills Pro Bowl defensive lineman Marcell Dareus has been arrested in Alabama on drug charges. A jailer in Cleburne County in Heflin who would not give her name says Dareus was arrested Monday night by a state trooper and was released from the jail within an hour. She says he was arrested on a charge of possession of a coontrolled substance and drug paraphernalia.dddddddddddd She did not have an attorney for him listed or a court date. Sheriff Joe Jacks also confirmed to WVUA-TV that Dareus was arrested. Dareus was selected third overall in the 2011 draft and is in his fourth season with the Bills. The 24-year-old played for Alabama. Last season he had 7.5 sacks and 71 tackles. ' ' '