returning for the Eagles’ Week 3 game Reports about Carson Wentz’s potential return to the field have seemingly been all over the place lately. What we DO know for sure that is Wentz will not be playing in Week 2. Doug Pederson officially confirmed Nick Foles as the Philadelphia Eagles’ starting quarterback against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this weekend.But will Sunday afternoon be Foles’ last start before Wentz’s return sends the Super Bowl MVP back to the bench? There are some signs that indicate that could be the case. Let’s start with the ESPN report from Sunday. Chris Mortensen said “[Eagles] organizational sources I’ve spoken with say they wouldn’t be surprised if he’s ready for Week 3.” Then Mort seemingly doubled down on that sentiment by tweeting “Nick Foles Fletcher Cox Jersey , one more start” on Wednesday morning.In addition to this Mort report, there’s a rumor from PhillyFanLife that Wentz is expected to be cleared for contact on Friday.Though this rumor should be taken with a grain of salt, this notion of Wentz returning in Week 3 matches up with what Peter King originally had to say back in late August. “I find it very hard to believe he’ll play the first week or two,” said King on The Dan Patrick Show. “I think it’s more realistic to think about him against Indianapolis in Week 3 at home.”The Eagles’ Week 3 game against the Colts will take place on Sunday Authentic Darren Sproles Jersey , September 23. That’ll have Wentz roughly 9.5 months removed when he first suffered ACL/LCL tears last December. Based on everything we’ve seen and heard, Wentz has made incredible progress throughout his recovery. The final hurdle for him is to be cleared for contact.We’ll soon see if Wentz passes that final test. UPDATE: Even more potential Wentz return buzz. When that scathing PhillyVoice report about Carson Wentz emerged last month, some were quick to wonder if Alshon Jeffery was the source of the anonymous criticisms. Jeffery was notably not among the Eagles players who defended Wentz on social media. Veteran defensive end Chris Long disputed the notion that notion, however. “Alshon wouldn’t do it Youth Jason Kelce Jersey ,” he said in an interview with Pardon My Take.Sunday’s game between the Philadelphia 76ers and Los Angeles Lakers further disputed the idea that Wentz and Jeffery aren’t on good terms. Philly’s franchise quarterback and No. 1 wide receiver sat side-by-side at the Wells Fargo Center yesterday afternoon (as pictured above this story). Wentz and Jeffery also got their picture taken with The Answer, Allen Iverson:It’s nice to see Wentz and Jeffery getting along. It’s also nice they got to experience a big Sixers win. On that note: how about this squad? Yeah, it’s only been two games with the new lineup, but man ... they look pretty good! I’m pretty excited for the playoffs.