Milwaukee stays connected to some old friends and a top free agent"The Milwaukee Brewers have been keeping in touch with Scott Boras regarding 3B Mike Moustakas Leonys Martin Jersey , SP Gio Gonzalez and SP Dallas Keuchel, but have not had serious conversations with SP Wade Miley, according to beat reporter Tom Haudricourt:According to the Journal Sentinel scribe, David Stearns and company have at least loosely associated themselves with the three Boras free agents. We’ve heard that Moustakas and Milwaukee have spoken regarding a potential return for the mid-season acquisition. Meanwhile, the Cream City ball club was just mentioned as one of three final suitors for Keuchel a couple days ago, albeit by a somewhat questionably source, so Haudricourt’s tweet may perhaps provide some validity to that report. This is maybe the first mention I’ve seen since the outset of winter tying Milwaukee to August trade acquisition Gio Gonzalez. As Haudricourt points out http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-jimenez-jersey , Boras is a good friend of Mark Attanasio and we’ve seen deals come up seemingly out of nowhere because of this relationship. Recent free agents that speculatively benefited from this relationship are Kyle Lohse and Francisco Rodriguez. However, Stearns has stated that he has full autonomy when it comes to team roster decisions.Another interesting note is that Milwaukee has not been more engaged with 2018 starter Wade Miley. Miley was an essential cog for the Brewers in 2018, dominating in the regular and postseason. The lefty is looking to cash in on his performance, as he should be, and is reportedly seeking a multi-year deal. Stearns seems content to sit back at this point, already benefiting from taking a huge risk on signing Miley last year and getting a big gain from it.With these recent reports and new ties to Corey Kluber, it could be a very exciting two weeks as we approach Spring Training. SARASOTA http://www.tigersfanproshop.com/authentic-joe-jimenez-jersey , Fla. (AP) — Masahiro Tanaka will be the New York Yankees‘ opening day starter March 28 against Baltimore, taking the spot left open by Luis Severino’s shoulder trouble.Yankees manager Aaron Boone announced the decision before Saturday night’s spring training game with the Orioles.Tanaka is replacing Severino, who will not make the start at Yankee Stadium because of right shoulder inflammation. Severino was scratched from his first planned start of spring training on Tuesday after feeling discomfort after throwing his first slider in a pregame bullpen session.“Masa has clearly shown through his life really that he’s really good in the big spot,” Boone said.Yankees newcomer James Paxton will start the second game and J.A. Happ will pitch the third game against the Orioles.Tanaka discussed what it means to start the opener after his outing Friday night against the Detroit Tigers.“Obviously, if you’re given the opportunity to pitch on that day, you want to go out and do your best,” Tanaka said through a translator. “If you look back Jeimer Candelario Jersey , I don’t think I’ve necessarily been good on opening days. I’ve gotten some experience. We’ve gone through playoffs. So, if that situation were to arise, I can go out there and give a good performance.”Tanaka has made three previous opening day starts (2015-17) for the Yankees. New York lost all three games, with Tanaka charged with the loss in two.Severino had his first opening day assignment last year.Tanaka was 12-6 with 3.75 ERA in 27 starts last season.CC COMING ALONGLHP CC Sabathia threw 31 pitches in his fourth bullpen session and said afterwards that his first batting practice outing is likely next. The 38-year-old lefty had a stent inserted in December after a blockage was found in an artery from his heart and has had chronic right knee problems that required several operations. Sabathia, retiring after the season, is expected to miss his first two or three regular season starts.