Flyers 4-1 in Monday's Metropolitan Division showdown Rickard Rakell Jersey , but the result took a backseat to the ejection of Evgeni Malkin.Mike Brehm of USA Today noted the Penguins center received a match penalty and was ejected in the third period after he swung his stick at Flyers forward Michael Raffl. Raffl initiated the back-and-forth with a cross-check and a punch to Malkin's head, but the Penguins playmaker escalated things.Yahoo Sports NHL shared video of the play:Yahoo Sports NHL YahooSportsNHLSuper ugly stick swing from Geno Malkin. Yikes. jvs7TW6htuNHL Player Safety announced Malkin will have a hearing Tuesday."I know I was not playing smart with five minutes left, but it's only like one point," said Malkin, who notched an assist in the win, per Brehm. "I know it was dirty, but I missed my stick and I touched his Womens Ryan Getzlaf Jersey , like, shoulder to shoulder, I don't know."Everyone was like give me five minutes. It wasn't dangerous. He wasn't bleeding or anything."This wasn't the first time Malkin was issued a match penalty this season, with his first coming in a November clash with the Washington Capitals. He hit Capitals forward T.J. Oshie in the head but was not further disciplined.Pittsburgh could struggle again if he's suspended. It was just 1-3-1 in its previous five games when he was sidelined with an upper-body injury. It fell to fourth place in the division during the stretch.Malkin is one of the best players of his generation and has three Stanley Cups, a Hart Memorial Trophy (league MVP), two Art Ross Trophies (top point scorer), three All-Star Games http://www.officialducks.com/authentic- … ler-jersey , a Calder Memorial Trophy (rookie of the year) and a Conn Smythe Trophy (MVP of Stanley Cup playoffs) on his resume.Pittsburgh's next game is Wednesday against the Edmonton Oilers. WINNIPEG, Manitoba — If you had predicted at the beginning of the NHL season that the Winnipeg Jets and Calgary Flames could meet in the Western Conference final in the spring, people would have looked at you like you were crazy.Not the Jets part. They finished second in the league last year with 114 points. But the Flames limped into the final part of the season with two wins in their last 10 games and missed the last wild card spot by 11 points.So, it’s safe to say expectations for this year were somewhat shy of the Stanley Cup.Article continues below ...But after bursting out the gate this season, the Flames have (mostly) maintained their momentum and currently sit in first place in the Pacific Division with 22 wins and 47 points.The only hiccup has been their current three-game losing streak, although to be fair the middle loss was in a shootout to the high-flying Tampa Bay Lightning.Flames captain Mark Giordano is eager to end the slide Thursday night at Bell MTS Place. He and his teammates should have some confidence facing the Jets as they burned them for five first-period goals, chasing starter Connor Hellebuyck in the process Ryan Miller Jersey , in a 6-3 victory on Nov. 21.“We’ve had a good season to this point,” Giordano told The Calgary Herald after last Saturday’s 3-1 loss to the St. Louis Blues. “Now we’re on a bit of a slide. It’s a big game coming out of the break against Winnipeg. You don’t want to let things like this keep going. We have to get back into the win column as soon as possible.”The Jets are the second-hottest team in the league with a record of 11-2-0 over their last 13 games and sit atop the Western Conference with 50 points, the third-highest total in the league.Critics, however, say the Jets have made their hay against the NHL’s lesser lights and have had a easier schedule than most in the first half of the season.The Jets have relied heavily on center Mark Scheifele, who is generating some buzz for the Hart Trophy as the league’s most valuable player, with 22 goals and 49 points in 36 games. That’s good for sixth place and he’s second among all forwards in ice time with 22 minutes Womens Alex Goligoski Jersey , 43 seconds per game.Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff said his linemate and captain Blake Wheeler has played a big role in helping Scheifele’s development since he was chosen seventh overall in the 2011 entry draft.“There is good chemistry certainly with him playing with (Wheeler),” Cheveldayoff told the Winnipeg Sun. “In a lot of ways, Blake is a playmaking winger and (Scheifele is) a shooter. So, the way they play in the offensive zone, they read off each other, they drive, they move their feet Christian Dvorak Jersey , they compete, and they play hard along the wall. That’s what helps them to play well together.”